Year Of Call: 1988
Justin specialises in all aspects of property law and chancery cases, in professional negligence (especially surveyors’ and solicitors’ negligence) and in commercial and contractual claims (including non-marine insurance, sale of goods and consumer credit).
Justin heads up the chambers property team. His property practice encompasses:
- Commercial landlord and tenant claims, including rent reviews and business lease renewals under LTA 1954.
- Property damage disputes, involving tree roots and Japanese knotweed, and other nuisance claims.
- Section 84 LPA 1925 applications and restrictive covenants.
- Easements, rights of way, adverse possession and boundary disputes.
- Co-ownership and beneficial interest disputes.
- Options and rights of pre-emption.
- Assets of Community Value and the ACV Regs 2012.
- Public and private sector residential landlord and tenant claims.
- Farm business tenancies.
- Compulsory transfers under the School Standards and Framework Act 1998.
He is also a qualified mediator and is authorised to accept instructions under the Public Access Scheme.