Year Of Call: 1978
LL.B.(Soton), MBA, PhD, FCIArb., FInstCPD, FRSA, CEDR mediator and arbitrator. Andrew practises domestically in professional indemnity, disciplinary and regulatory claims and in commercial, property and administrative law. He is recognised internationally as one of the foremost mediation advocates and mediation advocacy trainers in the world, having worked in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Turkey, Nigeria, France, Holland, Belgium, Oman, Kuwait, Spain, Switzerland and the UAE.
He was ranked as a leading junior at the Professional Negligence Bar by Legal 500 every year between 1995-2012 and a leading mediator (top tier) in Chambers and Partners between 1995-1998. Since 2012, Andrew has been ranked as a leading mediator in Legal 500.
Andrew is the Convenor of the Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates (SCMA: http://www.mediationadvocates.org.uk), Director of the Association of Mediation Assessors, Trainers and Instructors (http://www.amati.org.uk), a member of the Independent Standards Commission of the International Mediation Institute, and Co-Chair of its Mediation Advocacy Appraisals Sub-Committee, a Fellow of the World Mediation Institute and a trustee of the Centre for Peaceful Solutions. He is a member of the Attorney-General’s Pro-Bono Panel and the Judicial Assistance Network, and has provided training to the judiciaries of Turkey, Croatia, Belgium, the PRC, and Nepal.
Andrew became a Bencher of Inner Temple in 2009, and has sat on a number of Bar Council, COIC and Inner Temple committees.
Dacre Son & Hartley Ltd v North Yorkshire County Council
 45 EG 124 (CS);  169 JP 59;  5 CLW 4; LTL 27/10/2004
Property misdescription - false and misleading statements - whether...
Isaacs Partnership v Umm Al-Jawaby Oil Service Co Ltd
 EWHC 2539 (QB);  PNLR 136; LTL 5/11/2003
Solicitor's negligence - suing wrong party - whether mere error of judgment...
Latest Publications Read more
- ADR Developments in Turkey in the Aftermath
- Effective Mediation Advocacy - A Guide for Practitioners 3rd ed. Mediation Publishing Fwds: Rt Hon Lord Dyson MR; Irena Vanenkova
- Professional Negligence Bar Association (Secretary 1990-2007)
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (Executive Committee 2000-2007)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (Fellow)
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution
- Institute of Continuing Professional Development
- Standing Conference of Mediation Advocates
- British-Turkish Law Association
- Association of Mediation Assessors Trainers and Instructors